Newly-released data: Foreign direct investment (FDI) into United States (FDIUS) hits $3.7 trillion. Here are other key takeaways from the new data.
- Focus your attention: Eight countries account for three-fourths of cumulative FDIUS. These eight leaders are: the United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, Germany, Ireland, France, Switzerland, and the Netherlands.
- Diversify your traditional efforts: While European investors keep the lead, their share is shrinking. Since 2011, FDIUS from Asia & the Pacific and Canada is rapidly accelerating.
- Manufacturing is still king: The industry makes up more than 40% of FDI stock, topping $1.5 trillion in 2016
- It’s highly advanced manufacturing jobs: The chemical industry (including pharmaceuticals) is the top manufacturing sector in total FDIUS
- Looking for growth? Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services is the fastest-growing industry segment in FDIUS.
Read the full report from the Organization for International Investment HERE.